In the era of globalization, corporations and governments increased their collaborations and networks. However, this increasing globalization has led to challenges in balancing the need for cultural identity and global citizenship. As communication and media scholars, how can we position cultural identity and diversity as assets to global understanding rather than a barrier? How can cross-cultural communication help to protect cultural identities while at the same time promoting international collaboration and understanding?
The main topics for the conference are:
- Communications in sports: cross-cultural issues and globalisation;
- Governance across cultures and in multicultural environments;
- Marketing communications across cultures;
- Communication challenges within global media contexts;
- Corporate and organisational communication in diverse cultural environments;
- Online subcultural communication;
- Communication across cultures within higher education;
- Cross-cultural issues in public affairs;
- Tourism as cultural diplomacy.
General papers are also welcomed on a range of topics. The conference is especially seeking cross-cultural communication strategies perspectives.
Papers for presentation at the conference will be selected after peer review by an international academic Papers for presentation at the conference will be selected after peer review by an international academic panel, on the basis of abstracts of between 500-1000 words, including references. The abstract should express the purpose, methodology, findings, implications and originality of the study. Author and affiliation details are to be printed on a separate sheet and the author(s) should not be identified in the abstract. Abstracts must be presented in Word format, in 1.5 line spacing and 12 point font size on A4 format pages with one-inch (2.54cm) margins. Manuscripts of the selected Papers are to be submitted with Harvard referencing. The manuscript of 3000 to 6000 words, plus references, must be presented in Word format, in 1.5 line spacing and 12 point font size on A4 format pages with one-inch (2.54 cm) margins.
- Submission of abstracts: Monday, December 3rd, 2018. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptance notification (by email): December 19th, 2018
- Submission of selected papers: January 15, 2018 to email@example.com
- All accepted abstracts will be published online prior to the conference.
- Conference registration and related information will be published shortly on our website http://www.ccccbangkok.com.